Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter 27th Feb 2013 In poor conditions

tich

It started to look promising last night so I got set up for a spot of imaging, however it got quite hazy so my results turned out quite poor & I was really struggling at times. I did manage to capture the Great Red Spot before conditions got so bad so I packed up. I only did a 1000 frames per image as the EZPlanetary software splits the video into 1.75GB files which is a bit annoying.

Taken using my QHY5L-II, 200P & 3X Barlow, the TIFF files looked a bit better but Photobucket converts them to JPEG for some reason.

20-47-57-198_zps8239f41f.jpg

20-7-18-742_zps82ca3d39.jpg

21-25-31-212_zpscc47b80a.jpg

I did make up this animation with 45 images & used PIPP to piece them together but it wasn't a great success which was down to the conditions.

You have really pulled out some

good detail on the planet.I have

got the IMG 132 camera.How do you

find the EZPlanetary software.

I have only just worked out, how

it all works.I down load with

tiff files.I then use Registax 5

to sort them out.I save with PNG

files.

Steve.

Nice one Tich , that cam is working good , still no first light with my qhy5l-II

Cheers Lenny glad you like them, I do prefer the middle image as it seems to be showing up more detail especially on the polar regions. Hope you get to use yours soon & I don't think you'll be disappointed.

You have really pulled out some

good detail on the planet.I have

got the IMG 132 camera.How do you

find the EZPlanetary software.

I have only just worked out, how

it all works.I down load with

tiff files.I then use Registax 5

to sort them out.I save with PNG

files.

Steve.

It took a bit of head scratching I have to admit as in the cameras drop down menu you've either got mono, GR, RG & a couple of others that I can't remember off the to of my head & you need to find out the right one for your camera. As for capturing the image I found it pretty straight forward as you just adjust the levels until you can see the planet & some details. I then click on the spot WB then double click on the planet which helps to level everything out. I was saving as an AVI then stacking in Registax although I might try the TIFF method one night to see if I can save more frames as for some reason EZP splits them up into 1.75GB files.

All in all though once you've got your head round it I find it a good program to use with some nice features.

Tich - fantastic stuff mate

Thanks Steve glad you like it.

I must admit when looking at Mars at Hereford last year one night was a little hazy but I was getting some great detail, the following night was really clear & all I was getting was an orange disc.

Archived