a quick Hi everyone from Ireland

Iddy

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks everybody! a very warm welcome :)

Got my confirmation today that my scope has arrived, excited. Had a wedding all day, so couldnt pick it up at work where it got delivered, so playtime tomorrow!

@ barry, I'm in Jacob's Island, with a sea view, so its not to bad. Got family in Kinnity(offely) though, so up there on the mountains its pitch black. Planning a couple of summer weekends there as we speak for some really nice stargazing!

Nice one Iddy, good luck with the scope.

Summer observing is a toughie with the poor astronomical darkness and short nights. I might have spotted a good dark spot 40 mins from me near Lismore and if you were interested, we could maybe meet up and try it out. My garden is ok with an NELM of 5.5, but you know the way, it can never be dark enough :)

Barry

Hi Barry,

Thank you so much for the offer! would love to meet up. I'm new to this, so a helping hand, and a fellow enthusiast is always welcome!

I'm coming up on a fairly busy period now ( I'm in sales, so heading into my end of quarter month) but it will allow me to play around a bit with my scope, and see what i can get out of it!

We should defo meet up for some stargazing then! And if you're ever in Cork, give me a shout :)

Thanks

Iddy

Hi Barry,

Thank you so much for the offer! would love to meet up. I'm new to this, so a helping hand, and a fellow enthusiast is always welcome!

I'm coming up on a fairly busy period now ( I'm in sales, so heading into my end of quarter month) but it will allow me to play around a bit with my scope, and see what i can get out of it!

We should defo meet up for some stargazing then! And if you're ever in Cork, give me a shout :)

Thanks

Iddy

Yeah, will do. I'll let you make your millions and maybe get in touch around the next new moon or late moonrise etc to go out and see if that spot is any good.

Regards

Barry

Archived