NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Nice,

I like these widefield shots. I think there should be more of them - helps beginners find their way around.

Suprised that there is no hint of the milky way... or that could be my monitor.

Regards

Ant

I like that image very much,beamer. As an illustration of the big 'W' as seen by the naked eye I think it's just about on the button.

At higher resolution the main stars in both M103 and the 'Owl' can be clearly seen. If the FOV was a bit wider or the 'W' more to the left of frame I'm sure part of the Double Cluster would also have been visible.

All in all,a fine picture. :smiley:

Cheers and thanks for sharing.

CW

Cheers for the response guys.

I took the image with a Fuji 6500FD at ISO1600. 19 subs @ 30 seconds exposure. No darks or flats used.

Could some point out the 'Owl' for me, I just cannto see it.

Hi beamer

I have done a quick (very quick) crop and enlargement of the area of the 'Owl' in your image.

We have clear skies here at the moment and if it's the same for you you might like to check it out visually.As far as the original image is concerned, have go at enhancement on an enlarged copy at say 300 plus dpi to see what you can find. It's good fun even if the results aren't all that great.

Cheers

CW

(click as usual)

Archived