Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Onset of Dew

Hi,

Tonight being cloudy again I seem to have all my silly questions lined up but does anyone know how to delay the formation of dew on the corrector lens? I do have an astrozap dew shield but it is not heated and to be honest I found the prices being asked for the heated shields and a controller a bit cheeky plus the fact that every type for a 5" scope appears to be out of stock right now.

Regards and thanks again.

A.G

Hi to all,

Thank you for all your replies, I do have an Astrozap shield and have made a long one out of a camping mat, none seems to keep the dew awayfor more than 20 minutes, I know that I live in the dampest part of the UK and the air is just full of moisture but I am not sure that without a dedicated heater I could resolve this problem. I have also noticed that the DEW has left some type of film-residue on the corrector lens of my SW mak that is only 3 weeks old and I guess that this has to be cleaned up. I use the scope in my back garden so I guess living near an airport there is air pollution and well as light.

Regards,

A.G

Archived