Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sky Tee 2 with ADM clamps

Stu_2011

Hi

Just fitted a couple of ADM clamps to my SkyTee 2, very nice they are too!

Very secure and just adds that feeling of security, too many horror stories of scopes falling out of the standard clamps for my liking!! Great upgrade for this great manual mount.

Thanks

Stu

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi stu Glad you like your skytee with the ADM clamps.I am toying with the idea of a skytee II,but researching if I can get a losmandy style clamp that will fit the skytee, contacted Firstlight Optics,but they say they only do a vixen style clamp and I would have to use a vixen to losmandy adapter plate which just adds more cost.Any ideas on a Losmandy style clamp cheers and clear skies!!!

Did you actually have any issues with the standard set up?

Once yes, it was very cold and I was tightening up the aluminium knurled hand nut and it slipped on the steel stud that goes into the saddle. I caught the scope but it could have easily fallen. The threads on the aluminium hand nut (on my mount at least) were very poor and loose. I have since heli-coiled all the M6 threads on the original clamp and it was much better with nice tight threads but......

I use this mount all the time with various different scopes, I decided to upgrade to the ADM clamps as I didn't want to risk anything.

Anyway, what's the point of doing overtime if you can't treat yourself once in a while to a nice bit of engineering!!!

Thanks

Hi stu Glad you like your skytee with the ADM clamps.I am toying with the idea of a skytee II,but researching if I can get a losmandy style clamp that will fit the skytee, contacted Firstlight Optics,but they say they only do a vixen style clamp and I would have to use a vixen to losmandy adapter plate which just adds more cost.Any ideas on a Losmandy style clamp cheers and clear skies!!!

Sorry I have only seen Vixen ones.

Stu

Thanks for that patrice,so am i correct in assuming you secured the saddle onto the original puck in the skytee,are the hole centres the same thanks

I simply removed the original single clamp short saddle and replaced it with the ADM one using the same allen head screws. The hole spacing is 35 mm and are for 6 mm screws so you would need to order the ADM saddle designed for Takahashi mounts, or any that has holes at 35mm for 6 mm screws.

Thanks guts for the heads up on that,yes I have spotted them both ,but the prices seem a bit steep to me thanks guys

Bear in mind the eBay one does come with the tripod - I thinks it's a pretty decent price.

Can any one throw any light which ADM or Altair astro Losmandy saddle clamps have the 35mm hole spacing to take 6mm cap head screws to attach to a skytee apart from the Takahashi one as mentioned above by Patrice.I am just trying to find out if any others willl do the trick.I cannot use the vixen Adm Saddle due to my middle tube ring holes being a bit dodgy,and prefer the 4 point attachment of the Losmandy System .Thank you in advance for any help

Archived