Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

W/C 18th February

swamp thing

was ok ish- wasn't milky but think hazy was fair description at times. Moon and Jupiter were v clear, M13 wasn't great appeared 'washed out', leo triplet etc were no hope, double cluster was ok, moon washed a lot of stuff out. Not many cars though! :) compared views of with and without paracorr also. made nice change from back garden, first trip up there in many months!

It's pretty easy to check transparency at RC. If you can see leith hill, then it's not too bad. Last night........no :)

As Jamie said seeing was good, in fact very good Jupiters image was very steady and the moon was as good as I've seen it for a long, long time. Star images were very good too.

The view through Jamie's 10" with Paracorr convinced me I've made the right choice on getting one. Coma, gone nada, zip. Very nice views, much better than my 10" without.

Deep sky was tough last night, not much going really except open clusters. Although M42 was worth a look for the trapezium, as star images were so steady.

Overall, just nice to actually get the scope out.

Now just gotta convince Jamie he needs that big 16" Dob, shouldn't be too hard :evil6:

Archived