Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M27

beamer3.6m

Not a bad effort for a first time effort at it Beamer. The processsing wizards on SGL may be able to refine it a bit for you.

Since I am not a member of that elite, I might make a bad job of it. Someone will be along to have a go at it for you.

Ron. :smiley:

Beamer

That's a very good first go at M27 - particularly for such a close-up.

Reducing the saturation of the image a lot would help - it would tame the colours of M27 and the stars.

The image could do with some noise reduction. You can get add ons for Photo Shop for this.

With PS you could try a Gaussian blur of 0.3 pixels or so on the background which will help to smooth it.

Keep up the good work.

8)

MD

Great job .

That is deep for such short subs at that scale. :smiley:

I had a quick play, mostly what MD suggested.

In photoshop I reduced the saturation a bit and had a play with the colour balance, then some levels and curves and a Gaussian blur @ 0.3.

Then a quick run through Neat image to smooth it out a little.

Hope this helps

post-13376-133877333435_thumb.jpg

Your original captured an amazing amount of detail for such small subs although I felt it was a little too saturated (although understand the NEED for colour!). I prefer the original to your smoothed version but here's a simple trick that can work well:-

Copy your smooth version and paste it on top of the original, now reduce the 'opacity' of the top 'layer' until the more 'grainy' version starts to make it's presence known and finally make fine adjustments to get a good balance between smoothing and grain.

Great first attempt!

Archived