Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

A night with the Stars at Greenwich

jabberwocky

I had a fantastic time at the Greenwich observatory last night at one of their night with the stars observing evenings.

It started with a really good and well presented planetarium show before moving outside for some stargazing with a couple of meade goto scopes and then the highlight, observing the moon through the 28 inch refractor. We did try to get them to move it to look at Jupiter but because it would take over ten minutes to move and we were a little pushed for time they wouldn't.

i can't praise Greenwich enough, a very professional and well organised setup, and for once not aimed purely at children to the expense of those of us over 12 years of age as everything nowadays seems to have to be.

we were very lucky to have clear enough skies with good viewing as apparently most nights they do this they aren't. But at £16 you really couldn't moan if you couldn't look through the scope. It also got us into the maritime museum and the Ansel Adams exhibition

i just wish more people were as knowledgable and enthusiastic( and funny) as the guys running the event.

Highly recommended.

If you go to Greenwich, don't forget to stop off at the maritime museum visitors center - just behind cutty sark.

Run by the Meantime Brewery, you won't find a better drop of beer anywhere in the UK, IMHO.

Typed by me on my fone, using fumms... Excuse eny speling errurs.

Archived