NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

3 is the magic number

Astronut1982

It was clear Thursday night, Friday morning so I got a chance to set up my scope & have a go at imaging the Leo Triplet. This is an object I've wanted to image for a while as I love side-on galaxies & NGC 3628 is one of my favourites. It was quite gusty so I used my TS 80mm triplet instead of the 8" astrograph.

The images consists of 28 x 600s guided subs at ISO 800 with darks & bias added. There is a little elongation of stars caused by the gusts of wind but other than that I'm pretty happy with it. it is also very heavily cropped as I don't have the flattener for the scope yet.

e930d422-d508-498f-9fa7-4be1ee156308_thumb.png

Any advice or constructive critcism on how to improve the images is very welcome.

Thanks for looking,

Jeff

Thanks for the comments,

I used 6 darks for this image Andy & about 20 bias frames.

This is actually the first image I've taken with the ISO at 800, I have always used 1600 in my images before. I instantly noticed a massive reduction in noise so I'll continue to use this setting in future.

Jeff

Archived