SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

How to keep hands warm on cold nights, what do you use?

skir

Just tried out my new neoprene fishing gloves, brilliant, nice and tight so you can still focus and change eyepieces but very warm, thumb and first 2 fingers fold back.

also got a Nordic puffa fishing jacket, very warm and blocks the wind, much better than the fleece I was using.

both from the fishing section at Go Outdoors.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gloves do not generate heat, they restrict loss of the heat that is there, so keep the rest of you very warm, then the blood circulates to the hands in order to lose heat.

If you are basically cold then there will not be a lot you can do.

Your hands are not seperate to the rest of you, and if the main part of you is cold then blood/heat to the hands is restricted and they will be cold, gloves or no gloves.

Gloves do not generate heat, they restrict loss of the heat that is there, so keep the rest of you very warm, then the blood circulates to the hands in order to lose heat.

If you are basically cold then there will not be a lot you can do.

Your hands are not seperate to the rest of you, and if the main part of you is cold then blood/heat to the hands is restricted and they will be cold, gloves or no gloves.

This is very true, the best thing to keep your hands warm is to keep your core body temperature up.

...winter-biking gloves, they are thin and i can even type on my Laptop with them.

...and of course hot-punsch :Envy:

Yum, if its like the stuff I drink when over in Germany at Christmas, lovely, and the benefit of over consuming this is that dying of exposure is much more pleasant.

Decent pair of fingerless gloves that double as a two-part mitton - one pouch for the fingers another for the thumb.

Below this I wear a thin pair of interior black silky bike gloves, sufficiently 'thick' enugh to keep the exposed fingers warm, adequately thin enough to manipulate eyepieces, caps, screws, pencils, paper, i-touch, with absolute ease.

ive not used gloves as yet, as i thought i was macho man...........then i modded my dob with a handle to aid moving the dob and made a small mistake. i used a metal handle :eek: .

so now im not so macho and im going to get me some gloves .i like the sound of those fishing gloves from aldi i read on the thread.

(obviously ill only where them when tempeture drops below - 25 or so :rolleyes: )

im also going to put a piece of sponge or electrical tape around the handle :tongue:

Archived