metal case - foam filled

If it helps anyone looking for start up gear as my wife and I are..............Just got a flight case from Maplins, reduced by £10 to £24. Excellent size and depth, with foam filling. Lockable and shoulder strap too. Loads of room for optics, finder etc.

Also got a water butt base from BQ to act as a base for the Dob. The slimline base was the better fit for my 200p, and its amazingly stable....£12 or so (less today as I get the oldie discount).

Frank

Yep, that is the one in Swamp Things link.....I tried both bases, but this one was perfect. I took the bottom of the Dob mount along to see where the rubber legs sat, and of the two butt bases, this one was extremely stable. It raises the scope 12 1/2" high (32cm) ..perfect for my wife to view whilst standing. Doubles up as a carrier for flasks and stuff too!

I have two Maplins cases and I reckon I need another one already, they look really spacious until you try to fit everything in and leave space around each item :)

My second arrived yesterday. I'm already starting to think "No! I can't put that in! It will fill it up!" :)

A third may be on the cards...

James

The standard sized water butt stands also fit the 200P base when used upside down - the water butt stand that is not the scope! The base sits on the rim and you don't need to worry about getting the feet being on the solid bits. It feels just as stable this way up as well when used on a flatish surface.

post-12452-0-10444200-1360847004.jpg

Archived