Hello from Michigan!

Ruthie

Welcome to SGL, Ruthie!

What part of Michigan? I'm originally from Constantine, south of Kalamazoo.

Dana

A fellow Michigander! I am from Warren (North border of Detroit) but I am currently living in Howell!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Ruthie and welcome to the forum. In the great scheme of things we are all beginners really as everything keeps changing with new discoveries and better technology - so you're in good company here. On the topic of eyepieces ('lenses') I wonder if you have had a chance to read one of the forum's "stickies" entitled, "Eyepieces - the very least you need" as it will provide you with the fundamentals of what to consider and how to calculate what will be suit any given telescope - don't worry, it's an easy one to read! :grin: :grin:

Wishing you clear skies soon and look forward to more questions.

James

I had not gotten around to finding/reading that yet! I was searching for "lenses" which might explain a thing or two. Thanks for the suggestion!

hi and welcome to the lounge.

asking questions is half the fun i find, gain a little more knowledge every time .

and i also get away with asking daft questions . no probs though everyone is patient and friendly and willing to help

Archived