SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

HERITAGE 130P DOB - First light

New scope from FLO arrived promptly, all in one piece and looking good. Ordered one previously from another retailer which was damaged on arrival. A brief look at Orion and Jupiter tonight convinced me I've made a good choice. VERY easy to set up, carry in one hand outside, plonk on a table, remove dust cap, extend truss tubes and off you go! Properly collimated, RDF aligned, 25mm eyepiece of better quality than I'd anticipated. Smooth action to adjust in altitude and azimuth, variable tension on altitude to help with balance, convenient viewing position.

They say the best scope is the one you use the most, would tend to agree. Looks like it'll take my 6" SCT on the mount without a problem also without lugging the CG5 mount/tripod around, but would need a Telrad or something...

Anyway needless to say the clouds rolled in after a few minutes, but the Heritage is so portable it'll be the "go to" (pardon the pun) for me for quick sessions this year and hopefully for many to come.

Cheers :laugh:

New scope from FLO arrived promptly, all in one piece and looking good. Ordered one previously from another retailer which was damaged on arrival. A brief look at Orion and Jupiter tonight convinced me I've made a good choice. VERY easy to set up, carry in one hand outside, plonk on a table, remove dust cap, extend truss tubes and off you go! Properly collimated, RDF aligned, 25mm eyepiece of better quality than I'd anticipated. Smooth action to adjust in altitude and azimuth, variable tension on altitude to help with balance, convenient viewing position.

They say the best scope is the one you use the most, would tend to agree. Looks like it'll take my 6" SCT on the mount without a problem also without lugging the CG5 mount/tripod around, but would need a Telrad or something...

Anyway needless to say the clouds rolled in after a few minutes, but the Heritage is so portable it'll be the "go to" (pardon the pun) for me for quick sessions this year and hopefully for many to come.

Cheers :laugh:

Exactly my impression of the scope now. No set-up time, and I can have everything out in 5 minutes and start observing.

How did you find the views?

Hi jollyjack. I have the same scope and am very impressed with it, I read on here all the time about how long it takes some people to set up their scopes and by the time their done the clouds have rolled over and they have to take everything apart again.

For the money I think its great and I take mine to my caravan in the borders where there are great dark sky sites and it is ready to use in literally 2 minutes. You will enjoy this scope for years.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived