NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Help with DSS

Mogga

Ok, so I got crystal clear skies on Friday so took a series of 40 wide field shots of a random piece of sky +20 darks and 20 Bias.

Tried to stack is deep sky stacker, which appeared to work apart from the final image was 'shrunk' to a thin band (2 inches wide) in the field on the screen. Why didin't it fill the window?

If anyone can shed some light on my stupidity I'd be very grateful

Paul

Paul, The version of DSS you are running does not have the correct DCRaw converter for your Camera... I guess you're using the latest release version ? You'll need to either, convert the files to tif and stack those instead, or see if you can get hold of the latest beta release of DSS, which may have the raw support you need.

I had to convert all my subs to 16 bit TIFFs (At 105 MB each!) to get DSS to stack them.

I don't see anything above 3.3.2 on their site, which doesn't stack 550D raw files. Where do I find the public beta?

Archived