Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

At long last - got to use my new goodies!

SeedyF

Finally had a clear sky and time on my hands last night. I have been itching to use the new stuff I got for Christmas :D

Fingerless mittens (with flap to cover the tips) - from Debenhams. Snug as a bug in these and they made things nice and easy when using the laptop trackpad and the smart phone. Need to remember not to be tempted to handle eyepieces with the finger flaps over my fingers, they are a bit too slippy. Nearly came to grief with the barlow lens!

Skywatcher right angle finder. This will take a bit of getting used to! I still kept bending down to look through the end. And when I did look through the right bit I found it difficult to gauge where in the sky I had the scope pointing. But it was much more comfortable once I started to get the hang of it, and it was really only during alignment that I needed to gauge where I was pointing.

Vixen NPL 15mm eyepiece - I think this might become my eyepiece of choice, nice and crisp views, solid build, good grip and seemed to work really well with the TAL 3x Barlow. A good investment at £35 in place of the stock 10mm eyepiece I have been sticking with.

I've missed astronomy :) The goto told me I had not powered up the scope sing 5/12/12 :(

Glad you finally got to play with your toys from Christmas! :grin:

I've missed astronomy :) The goto told me I had not powered up the scope sing 5/12/12 :(

I know what you mean! When we do get a clear night here it always seems to be when I am doing something else! emo11.gif

I must admit, I have been looking at getting myself some of those gloves with the over mitten ends. I think they are very popular with anglers.

Its nice testing new equipment especially when it lives upto expectations

After weeks of cloud since I bought my X-CEL LX x 2 Barlow I was very impressed with when I finally got to use it.

Archived