Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

DSS issue?

Biggazza88

Hi guys:)

Last night I took 90 8sec exposures and loaded them into dss no problem.

Checked them all, added darks, checked them too, and then registered them all as usual.

When I came to stacking them it only stacked 11 frames then said it was finished!?!? I havnt done anything different to usual but it won't stack them all! So frustrating!!

Any advice much appreciated!

Gazza

Can you see stars in all of the frames? DSS needs 8 stars minimum to stack, also when you hit the "Register checked pictures" button, in the box that opens, set the "Select the best XX% pictures and stack them" option to 100% and see what happens

Have you set "star detection threshold" to 2%? 8 sec is not a very long exposure so DSS may be struggling to see stars in all the frames, hence it is only selecting 11 to stack.

Ah you beat me to it, I was just going to mention that. Also after it has done a failed stack, scroll through the data on the screen and look at the "scores" it has assigned for the frames, make a note of the lowest one, restack them but use the "Check above a threshold" button......never used it my self but might be worth a go.

Archived