Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Eqmod usb interface gone faulty?

Gasman

Hi folks

Wondering if anyone has had their eqmod interface go faulty on them?. First clear night for ages (wouldn`t ya just know!) and suddenly EQmod threw a wobbler and stopped working ;-(. Been working fine for 14months and windows 7 device manager just throws up a usb error now and .doesn`t recognise it.

I tried it plugged into another win 7 laptop setup for Eqmod and same again so I can only conclude the module is faulty. Its a Hitecastro one. Just ordered another one from FLO, hopefully that will get me going again. I seem to remember I can connect my NEQ6 to the pc via the Synscan handset if I can find the leads for it?

Cskies

Steve

If you can find the lead and so can use the handset, try it. If it works it's definately the Hitecastro module that's faulty.

You can also check the device manager and see if it's showing your Hitecastro module as a com port or you have the yellow triangle telling you it's at fault.

Hope this helps.

cheers

Steve

I had one of these fail on me a year or two ago - think it was due to a power spike caused by a dodgy cheapo 12V laptop power adapter off ebay. :mad: Needless to say the laptop adapter also went in the bin.

Archived