SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

IR filter removal for Pentax DSLR??

Welrod50

Hello all,

Quick Q please :)

I know that some places can remove the IR blocking filter for Canon and Nikon DSLR's for more colour accurate and sensitive astro imaging, but I am yet to find anyone who can do it for Pentax DSLR's despite speaking to two local firms in Staffs and doing lots of Googling. Does anyone have any knowledge of any UK company where I could get a Kx converted for astro P?

Cheers

Scott :)

Hi Gina,

I use a Kx now mounted onto OTA via T2 adapter and do not need to control it as I shoot manual with mirror lock and via remote control. I keep subs less than 60 seconds unguided with a pretty good hit rate at the mo. I don't need to control it via software. I also shoot piggybacked and also with DSLR mounted onto the EQ3 Pro via dovetail bar with lens attached for widefield work. All I'm after is a more colour accurate camera with greater sensitivity for nebulae/ Ha and am aware that to allow this I need the IR blocking filter to be taken off.

Any ideas??

Archived