What is the thread on the rear of a TAL 100RS focuser for

Hi All,

Could someone please tell me what the thread is for on the rear of the focuser assembly.

To clarify, it is located on the 2" focuser tube that remains having removed the 1.25" reduction collar. It is on the RHS of the picture.

What size thread is it.

I am sure someone will come along with the answer and I will feel a complete numpty for not having realised what it is :sad:

Please put me out of my misery.

Ian

post-8422-0-23115400-1359497884_thumb.jp

I would think it's something like an SCT thread or T-thread?

The latter would allow direct connection to a camera fitted with a T-adapter, the former to use SCT accessories

I don't know TAL kit so could be well wide here.... :)

On mine the T thread is supplied on a separate ring that gets inserted into the focuser.

The ones on the rear of the focus tube ai have no idea about. Just ignored them :)

I'd guess that the thread on the end of the 2"-1.25" adapter is M42x1 and there's a M42x1-M42x0.75 adapter ring included?

My humble attempt at communicating in Russian got me this from Yuri, at the factory...........

QUOTE (AndyH @ 30 Jan 2013, 07:36) Привет.

Какой размер резьбы на внешней стороне Крэйфорд фокусирующее трубки? Для чего он используется?

Спасибо,

Andy.

механизмом фокусировки имеет резьбу M56h1? Почему? для чего? unsure.gif

Спасибо,

Andy.

QUOTE (AndyH @ 30 Jan 2013, 08:37) QUOTE (AndyH @ 30 Jan 2013, 07:36) Hey.

What size thread on the outside of the Crayford focusing tube? What is it used?

Thank you,

Andy.

Focusing is threaded M56h1? Why? for what? unsure.gif

Thank you,

Andy.

It is true, the thread on the end of the focusing tube M56h1 - designed for attachment - external guides, converters focus etc.

:smiley:

Archived