Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SkyWatcher AZ4 questions

enigma

Could someone using the SkyWatcher AZ4 Alt-Azimuth mount answer a few questions?

1) If i fully tighten the altitude tesnion knob the telescope can still be moved if I apply a little pressure on the handle or on the telescope. Is this normal? The telescope does not seem to move on its own if properly balanced, but shouldn't the altitude tesnion knob secure the telescope (so it can not be moved by applying some force) when fully tighten?

2) If I fully loosen the altitude knob I can see that it disangages completely the altitude axis. Is this normal? When this happen, the movement in altitude is no longer smooth and I can see that there is a small gab on the altitude axis where the altitude scale is (bearing surfaces not touching anymore?).

3) Is this possible to add a second dovetail knob lock? The supplied dovetail knob lock seem secure enough, but I think two would be better. What is the size and length of the required knob?

I am sure if I will have some more questions, but for now any answers will be appreciated.

Just placed my scope on my AZ4 to check...yes, even with the clutch fully tightened the scope will move, either by pushing the scope or using the panhandle.

I wouldn't worry too much about there only being 1 screw...mine holds a 6" Newtonian and a 4" frac without any issues.

Hope this helps.

I use mine with a skymax 127 + binoviewers without any issues , I just love the mount ; no nonsense and sturdy .

Certainly a major improvement over the supatrak that came with the scope !!!

Hi. Do you have the alu or steel legs with your mount? I'm encouraged that it holds a 127 mak ok as I'm considering a similar set-up. Cheers

Archived