Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Dark frames in K3CCD

beamer3.6m

Could someone explain how you capture a dark frame in K3CCD Tools please.

I ckicked in the Darkframe button and it opened a save box, but when I chose a location it said error (cannot remember the exact error but it would not ket me take any dark frames.

Hi Kaptain,

Curiosity is killing me...what is this...?...Homemade webcam SLR derivative...

I am trying to build up an imaging setup...toucam/panasonic fz30/meade electronic eyepiece...the latter to be linked to a 5" B&W TV for piggyback scope's guiding/viewing...

It's the 'SLR derivative' bit...

STEVIER

:saturn:

Modified webcam is here.

http://www.gas.uk.net/webcam/index.htm

To do the K3CCD dark frame, you need to have one to hand first. You need to get an image at the same settings as you will use for capture, but with the lens cap on. This image will just have any errors generated by the camera as no light can get in. If you are using AVI as an output, use VirtuaDub to change it to a sequence of images nd then use one for the dark frame. Once you have the image, point K3CCD at it and it should do automatic dark frame subtraction during the capture sequence.

Its easier (IMHO) to do a dark frame and use that in Registax when processing. When you are packing away, change the filename to dark or similar, pop the cap on and fire off a few shots. You can even add the darks to the end of the AVI if you are using an SC modified webcam. Just pop the cap on before ending the shoot and split them in VD when inside in the warm.

Kaptain Klevtsov

SORRY STEELRAT...THANKS KAPTAIN...!!!

I have been reading the post as it will apply to what I'll be doing...but I just had to ask...

My camera captures a the dark frame automatically when in starry night mode...but 60sec frame takes two mins each time...an alternative is required hence taking a dark frame and subtracting...IF I UNDERSTAND IT CORRECTLY...

STEVIER

:saturn:

Archived