Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Electrical help with Meade ETX 70 please

Hello all

I hoped someone might be able to help. I got a used Meade ETX 70 for when we go camping or possibly just when I travel. Tried it out last night and looks ok. Now, its powered by a battery cell connected by a 9V snap connector. I'd like to power it from the portable power cell using 12V. I'd read 12v should be ok. I got a snap connector and an old sat nav charger, spliced them and plugged up a CO monitor to see if it worked, it did. Plugged it into the ETX and while there was power, it did a check on the handset and stated it had failed the self test. Do any electrically gifted folks know what I've done wrong. I must say the sat nav charger cable seemed flimsy enough, as in the cables seemed quite thin.

I'd really apreciate any help on this, electricity is NOT my strong point. Thans in advance for any help.

Barry

It is easy to do - I ran one from a powertank before.

You might want to get all the components new - Mailing do them all very cheaply. Ensure that you reduce the 12v from the powertank down to 9v as well!!

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Tapatalk 2

Archived