NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

ccd camera

shirva

Hi Shirva

Might be OK - claims to have the right kind of CCD, but the specs are misleading - min Lux 0.0001/F1.2 with frame integration on and lower down 0.05/F1.2 and the level of Frame integration is not specified.

If the 0.0001 figure is true then this is similar to the SBC2000 and should be OK, although younger not get the same quality noise reduction.

Might be worth a go - perhaps ask the seller for a user manual before buying - these are usually available as PDF.

I've bought stuff from Honk king before and it's been OK.

HTH

Paul

Its a tricky one being a novice to ccd specs..they are a bit missleading the way they are advertised...1,, .01,.001 ect ...would be great if specs were easier to nail down as being worthy of astronomy use or if anybody on here could list them to model numbers and what you might actually be able to see with them..bright objects like the moon to a Sony blah blah...constellation to a mintron blah blah. .deep sky to a watec..would be great..even better any bits of kit that could or has been modded like peter put in a previous post about using a film scanner imager and fitting to a finder scope. .the video section on sgl has not as many posts but I think it could kick off a bit more. .shurely we all have wee snippets of info and bits we've tried so what if it never worked the info might benifit others...Davy

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Its a tricky one being a novice to ccd specs..they are a bit missleading the way they are advertised...1,, .01,.001 ect ...would be great if specs were easier to nail down as being worthy of astronomy use or if anybody on here could list them to model numbers and what you might actually be able to see with them..bright objects like the moon to a Sony blah blah...constellation to a mintron blah blah. .deep sky to a watec..would be great..even better any bits of kit that could or has been modded like peter put in a previous post about using a film scanner imager and fitting to a finder scope. .the video section on sgl has not as many posts but I think it could kick off a bit more. .shurely we all have wee snippets of info and bits we've tried so what if it never worked the info might benifit others...Davy

You seem to have settled on a videocam but this thread is on 'CCD camera' so I'm a bit confused? What's the max exp possible with the Sammy 2000? I say this as I've used regular OSC CCDs by Starlight Xpress for over a decade like http://home.freeuk.com/m.gavin/lx-all.html The exp limit is skyfog/ light pollution that saturate images and are kept short of this and stacked together to go deeper once the sky backgroud is removed. Good luck. :rolleyes:

Archived