Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Blown away , cloudy hazey night i saw Jupiter 4 bands 4 moons :D , Advice needed :)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please excuse my iPhone grammar , separate not desperate lol ,

It always amuses me how such an exspensive gadget can turn a normal, intelligent person into a total and utter retard at the push of a button..... :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Hi guys, while looking at the moon last night, i notices a few tiny dark lines i think it must be dust or something on my mirror, only notice it when looking at the super bright moon

is this normal?

Dust shouldn't cause that, you'd also need a lot of dust to start having any serious effect. Are you sure you weren't looking at rilles? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rille

saturn16thfeb13.jpg

Took these shots last night, just using the iphone held up to the eye piece

Nice, looking forward to Jupiter appearing earlier. Clear nights and non-work days are not matching up for me at the moment!

• 3 weeks later...

iT WAS CLEAR FOR AN HOUR ! first time in a month :)

I managed to see the leo trio and M67 cluster which was cool

i then had a look at the two bright stars at feet of gemini , looked at the brighter of the 2, and i saw in very tiny pixel of light move acros the sky from this star ,, followed it for a good 25 seconds then in vanished . what was this likely to be ?

clouds soon came in and spoilt the fun, good to be out again tho

Archived