Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Holding them steady!

tibbz2

Hey Guys

Basically I was wondering if there are any good tips for holding binos steady whilst observing (no tripod)? I have a pair of 10x50's and even though I can get a good look at Jupiter its always a bit shaky for my liking. I do all the regular things, wide stance, hold my breath, lean on things when I can etc. but I was wondering if there were other things I could try? Does your steadiness improve with time?

Thanks!

I've tried a few methods with my 10x50's, by far the best is the mono pod and trigger grip mount. I think i spent about £30 for the pod and grip, with a careful bit of shopping :smiley: . My set-up is virtually identical to the one pictured on the home page of Steve's site http://binocularsky.com/ The broom idea is a good cheap solution, but you need to get more height that you could with your average broom IMHO..

Basically I was wondering if there are any good tips for holding binos steady
How to Hand-hold a Binocular

Brooms and garden rakes are usable, but neither has the "advanced deluxe extend and tilt facility" that comes freely incorporated with a cheap extensible handled window cleaner with a tiltable brush/squeegee.

Archived