NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Cabin Fever

Astralstroll

I looked at my blog a few days ago and discovered to my horror that my scope hasnt been outside since the 9th of December! I feel as though a lot of observing time is pasing me by, but with the rather miserable night skies at the moment I am somewhat despondent and suffering from the observational equivalent of cabin fever.

Dave.

Cracking last night until 1am when the fog rolled in. Ota covered in ice, lovely and toasty on the camping carpet. Odd seeing, not good on bright, but when Lee came up we had superb views of the Eskimo (NGC 2392 )with details at high power as well as the usual suspects in U Ma.

Clearer skies,

Nick.

Fustrating isn't it. When I find the time, I don't have the clear skies. When I have clear skies, I don't have the time. When it gets warmer I'm going to dedicate some late night observing when I'm not busy with other things and it's warm enough to stay out.

Yup, 10th Dec here. A couple of times I could have had an hour before the fog - if someone hadn't waylaid me when I was trying to leave work *grrrrr*. Was looking forward to two star parties, neither happened :(

Archived