Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First view of Jupiter.

Mentalmackem

Hey everyone

So after fighting with celestrons red dot finder that comes as standard on its 76mm Astromaster for the last few days i unscrewed it and put on just a normal old fashion optical viewer/finder, after 10 mins of lining it all up i take outside swing my telescope round point the finder at jupiter look into my Eyepeice and there it was and can i just say wow.

Now i couldnt beleave what i was seeing the longer i looked and my eyes adjusted small patches of the planets colour started to come through, i was so excited yet so calm and relaxed at the same time just watching it go by. While feeling calm at the same time i wanted to pull my shirt over my head and run around the garden with my hands in the air celebrating ( i decided against that bit tho)

Im hooked it was an amazing first experiance, i now want a bigger scope for a better view!!

just wanted to share

Gary

It's agreat sight, you'll find yourself always going back

i wanted to pull my shirt over my head and run around the garden with my hands in the air celebrating ( i decided against that bit tho)

Just be careful of your scope if you have the urge again :D

Jupiter was the first thing I pointed at just before Christmas after borrowing a telescope from a friend at work with the view to buying it! It was an amazing sight and I saw 3 moons, don't know which ones they were though!

Jupiter was fantastic last night/this morning, spent 3 hours following her across the sky, just beautiful. Some great detail and colours even with my Skywatcher 130 and managed to bag Europa's shadow on Jupiters surface.

I just purchased the celestron 130 used on Craigslist( I'm a newbie) and first night out I found Jupiter after giving up on my finder scope of course...I'm definitely hooked as well! I need to purchase some better eyepieces and get a barlow lens to make my viewing even better though.

Any suggestions?

Archived