NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Sun In White Light 04-01-2013. 13:30

Steve Ward

Typical . . . turn your back on him for a couple of days and he goes bananas . . . :rolleyes:

The grey parted just in the nick of time to let me in for an unexpected and somewhat rushed session .

Selected and multistacked 52 from 300 shot.

P04-01-2013.png

1000D + ST120 + ND3.8 + 1.8 x Barlow + UHC + S/L.

1/1000s @ ISO 100 , 52/300 , Reg 5.1 , Gimp2.8.

And a little extra treat today that I was sent by NASA , lovely Flare video from the 31st Dec . . . http://www.nasa.gov/...ar-ballet2.html

The next couple of days could be a little challenging , the motor controller for the EQ 3-2 gave up the ghost today . . . . . anyone got any fifteen foot long slow-motion flexi-leads they're not using . . . :p

Going to have to use the HEQ5Pro on the pier , that should be a fun exercise . . . :grin:

Steve.

Very nice image, Steve. Amazing how much it's suddenly to life.

Not good news about the hand controller though :( I wish someone better at electronics than me would come up with a replacement. Any thoughts about what you're doing to do?

James

Hi James ,

I've got someone trawling through the "spares" box at the moment , I'm hopeful they can get me a replacement to tide me over while mine's repaired , only sold as a kit with the pair of motors normally , £99 I haven't got spare at present ,

Been thinking of trying the HEQ5Pro up there for some low level stuff Sculptor Galaxy etc , could be a bit of a challenge in the dark , but for Solar shooting it should be a doddle.

I think the dodgy weather next week could be a bonus . . .

Steve.

All sorted on the controller front . . . . A big thankyou to Dave at A10 Optical for the speedy solution . . . Just need the Sun now . . .

That's really good news. Did you get your old one repaired, or get a replacement controller?

Thought the weather was going to improve over the next few days here, but it seems the forecast has taken a turn for the worse overnight :(

James

I got a replacement handset , but I seem to have a strange clunking noise from the RA motor now , sounds worse than it probably is as it's 'amplified' through the pier onto the sounding board of the patio doors . .

Just run off 45 frames on the Sun , will process these then drop the mount and have a look see . .

Steve.

Archived