Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter 27-12-2012 - 2nd attempt with DFK21

GlassWalker

Finally! A 2nd chance to try out the DFK21 I got... how long ago? I messed up the 1st time with wrong codec choices so been dying to have another go. Tonight wasn't the best conditions, as there's a hazy cloud overhead giving the full moon a nice glow too. Orion tried to fight through but even he lost against the cloud and disappeared from view as I finished setting up.

Anyway, this was the best result I got:

Drizzle15_video0005%252012-12-27%252020-31-03_e11111111_b3_ap52-w-l.jpg

Meade 8" SCT, Celestron Ex-cel 2x barlow, DFK21AU618. Best 40% of ~2000 frames.

De-bayer and stack in AS!2 with 1.5x drizzle. Wavelets in Registax 5. Colour channel balance adjustment in PSE9.

I hope there's more potential to get out of the kit, if the cloud wasn't in the way...

For reference, the two moons in shot are Io and Ganymede.

If it rained for an entire day here, that would bring the average down a bit! I haven't seen endless flood warnings on the news so things are getting a little better here at least... the weather tonight is just teasing me. Giving me a glimpse, but not a clear view...

Archived