Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Which Velcro for Dew Shield

scarp15

Hi

I am in the process of obtaining an 8mm foam black camping mat to convert into a dew shield for my 12" flextube. I have asked a question previously on this forum concerning suitable materials for making a dew shield and the foam mat seemed to be the easiest and cheapest option.

Contributers advised using a velcro fixing and a 2" overlap - when wrapping around the foam. I will be ordering some velcro and would like to ask a small detail - which size would you consider works best for this?

1M strips are available from around 20mm , I am considering either a 30mm, 38mm or 50mm (2") strip and will pay a bit more for products with strong adhesive options.

Suggestions appreciated.

A bit late, but for things that need removing regularly, I'd definitely go with the 50mm. I've used 20mm without issue, but 50mm gives more marging for error and the overlap helps force the material into the shape you're trying to achieve. If you're feeling bold, I'd recommend stitching it too...

Russell

Phew thanks Russell I had just placed an order for 50mm, so on opening this post a bit relieved that you confirmed this to and the reasons stated. I have gone for an adhesive option which is suppose to be strong, as I was not so sure how well velcro would stitch onto foam but I guess I'll see how it goes.

Cheers

Archived