Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Meade LXD75 mount and 6" Newtonian

Hello,

For clarification purposes, am I right in thinking that

1. The Meade LXD75 is a mount which is on a par with the EQ5 and CG5?
  2. The LXD75 6" Newtonian is a reflector made by Meade exclusively for this mount?

Cheers

Tony

Hello,

For clarification purposes, am I right in thinking that

1. The Meade LXD75 is a mount which is on a par with the EQ5 and CG5?
  2. The LXD75 6" Newtonian is a reflector made by Meade exclusively for this mount?

Cheers

Tony

1. The LX75 is an EQ5/CG5 class mount. It might have better bearings.

2. I don't see any reason why you couldn't use the telescope on another mount. Similarly, any of the other LX75 telescopes could be mounted on a suitable EQ mount other than a Meade.

Thanks Peter.

I note you dropped the "D" from LXD75 in your reply. What is the significance (if any) of this extra letter?

What would be a "reasonable" UK price for the 6" Newtonian reflector without the mount (i.e. just the OTA)?

Best wishes

Tony

Thanks Peter.

I note you dropped the "D" from LXD75 in your reply. What is the significance (if any) of this extra letter?

What would be a "reasonable" UK price for the 6" Newtonian reflector without the mount (i.e. just the OTA)?

Best wishes

Tony

Do you mean new or used for the 2nd question ?. You can get good used 6" F/5 newtonian OTA's for around £100. New the Skywatcher 150mm F/5 costs around £160 I think.

There is an interesting review of the LXD 75 mount here:

http://www.cloudynig...ments/lxd75.pdf

Thanks John.

Yeah, that figures.

An advert has gone into the Norwegian "finn.no" site which sells everything, and a guy is asking a tad over £200 for a used specimen. As I've already said... whatever the going price is in the UK (new or used) ate least double it for the Norwegian market.

Still set on getting a refractor, but keeping my options open and my eyes peeled.

Cheers and Season's Greetings!

At £200 sounds like it could be worth getting, it may be that if you bought it you might choose to sell the newtonian and mount a refractor on it

Unfortunately Jules it is £200 just for the OTA :shocked:

Cheers,

Typo error

In fact, I Googled Meade LX75 and hits were coming up, but I couldn't find any indication, information or explanation of how an "LX75" might differ from an "LXD75"!

Cheers!

Archived