NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Goto Computer transfer.

Ok guys shooting a quick question out there.

For xmas my wife is about to get me a pick up and go scope for the car and camping. Was looking to spend roughly 200 ish. Seen some ok cheap gotos.

Can the hand held computers from these be transferred tia diffent mount. If you manged the coreect moters for the mount ??

I have a explorer 200p on a eq5.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Cannot move between manufacturers, Meade ETX handset will not work on a Celestron Nexstar etc.

Some Meade hansets will not work on other Meade goto's. I do not think that the ETX80 handset will work on the ETX90, 105, 125. A Meade 105 handset sinply does not have the ETX 80 scope in it's setup options.

Until recently the SW handsets were either Equitorial or Alt/Az so incompatible. However the firmware altered recently and I think both mounts use common firmware so they may now be interchangeable.

I would suspect that Skywatcher and Celextron handsets were not interchangeable, even both Synta.

The simple answer is No, not transferable, except in rare circumstances.

You won't be able to transfer handsets across different makes - they have different plugs and sockets and the software and pinouts are different. Even with the same brand you'll find the cabling and plugs/sockets to be not interchangeable. If you try then you'll either wreck the connection or blow the electronics and/or software. There are only two models in the SW range that I know the handset can be swopped across mounts. Hth :)

Archived