Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Equinox 120, length?

They do say Tube dimensions, I wonder if they have not included the focuser and diagonal ?

You can take those off the tube.

A 1.25" diagonal I have here has a path of about 120mm, so if the focuser has around 180mm that makes the 900mm required.

That is all I can think of.

Teleskop Service gives the tube length of the Equinox 120 as 800mm.

We've got a Baader Steeltrack on ours and it's about 785mm from end of the lens cap to the end of the focuser when everything's as compact as possible, i.e. about the same as TS says.

The case it came in is about 920mm long.

No idea where their length stated is coming from but I've seen Skywatcher info jumbled up from time to time, e.g. wrong light gathering power stats, mixed up with a different dob.

Hope it helps. The scope feels a bit long but in practice is not much hassle. We use the Evostar 100 as a grab and go, which has a slightly longer case.

What measurement have you got as 900mm, the focal length? My Equinox 120 is definitely just short of 800mm from end of focuser to end of tube when compacted down (focuser in and dew shield retracted).

Re: the evostar 120, does that have a fixed dew shield, like our 100mm, making it a bit longer? Our 100mm is same focal length, 900mm, but longer than our 120.

The Equinox 120 ED Apo is 900mm in length, I would say that ronin is right about some sites not including the focuser & diagonal; it's a strange thing to do but the only explaination I can think of :icon_rendeer:

Archived