NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Where do we go from here.......

budski

It's pleasing to see just how many good Jupiter images are being posted here and from such a diverse group of astrophotographers. The standard has certainly risen with the advent of new sensor technologies and with the promise of even better imaging chips just around the corner, it makes me wonder how long it'll be before we hit the resolution/atmospheric 'brick wall'. Although I'd like to think that in another couple of years time we could be showing the storm swirls inside the GRS, I'm wondering if anyone knows or can explain (in layman's terms) the maths behind what we can reasonably expect from our 'scopes & cameras and maybe even better software to extract the finer details.

I know that this has probably been the worst year as regards weather (in the UK ) for Imagers, but I'm still anticipating that 'killer' night when it all comes together to produce a jaw-dropping picture.

In the meanwhile, however, I'm almost enjoying the luxury of discarding images which, two years ago, I would have given my right arm for.

Will I ever be happy......?

Bud

Us mere mortals hit the wall a long time ago . . . :p

Luckily the master Mr Peach is still showing us how things can be done , albeit with the right kit , location , seeing , expertise and dedication . . .

http://www.damianpeach.com/jup1213.htm

It still gives me great pleasure to know that my humble attempts with a webcam are sometimes better than some "professional" shots from 20 odd years ago . . .

Steve.

In the meanwhile, however, I'm almost enjoying the luxury of discarding images which, two years ago, I would have given my right arm for.

Will I ever be happy......?

Bud

Dear Bud - it is the nature of an addict that they can never be satisfied:.....but rest assured there is allways the anticipation of another "high" no matter how cyclical things may seem.

You are on a treadmill and just face it Bud - nobody gets out of here alive..! :lol:

Hi guys, I've just been watching 'Back To The Future II' on TV ( it's 2015 ....yes, I know......) and I think I spotted a C48 SuperHD 'scope with a DMK 16 terrapixel camera in the Antique Shop.

OK, I feel better now that I've had a little drink.

Thank you Darryl, ....The Hotel California .... you can check out but you can't leave.

I'm waiting for the home version of the telescope with the primary mirror that compensates for atmospheric distortion by adjusting multiple small mirrors. The current version is huge with each small mirror segment attached to a small piston for angle adjustment.

Archived