Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First time trying tracking (M31, M45)

portedGoblin

I would be very happy with these images as first attempts at these targets. I am interested how you man manage to set up and operate at -17° C !!

Longjohns man, longjohns.

No seriously, I have not done anything special about the gear. It all seems to be able to take this cold and the rest is just to dress warmly. I've only been out a few hours though, then clouds come. For a whole night of imaging I think I may need to think about some protection.

Thanks for the comments! I am very happy with these, though I struggle with the amount of stars I get. I want to make a starmask for them so that I can stretch the galaxy without the stars, but the starmask tool in PixInsight seem to struggle when there are this many stars. I can't seem to get the correct settings anyway.

Did my M45 during a -20c night. It's doable with good clothing, but it wasn't fun driving home since my car's internal heater couldn't cope.

Glad to see your NEQ-6 seems to be working portedGoblin! Your images are looking really good!

Archived