Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC 1365, my first LRGB image!

E_ri_k

Hey guys, I was lucky enough to borrow a SBIG ST2000XM and filter wheel, to compare to my QHY10 OSC camera. I wanted to image NGC 1365 and the recently discovered Supernova. I was really surprised how sensitive the SBIG was compared to the QHY10. After it had arrived the weather turned bad for around 4 weeks......So this image was taken over a span of 3 weeks. I would have liked to add more luminous data, but I never got the chance.

So, its 1hr of 5 minute luminous frames, and 1hr each of RGB. Processed in Pixinsight, and CS5.

Im not sure if I processed the files in the right way? I stacked each channel separately in MaximDL, processed each channel in Pixinight, then combined. Is that workflow ok?

What do you guys think. Any feedback would be great.

Erik

post-14838-0-82766300-1355355415_thumb.j

Seems to have worked out fine. :icon_salut:

Could you just confirm the supernova as just left of centre, I'm not familiar with this galaxy.

Yeah, that is the supernova, sorry, should have pointed that out. Thanks!

Erik

Looks good to me Erik, the colours look especially nice.

Have you tried any deconvolution on the individual channels? It may just tighten up the galaxy up a bit.

Again, very nice to see this one :)

Tim

Looks good to me Erik, the colours look especially nice.

Have you tried any deconvolution on the individual channels? It may just tighten up the galaxy up a bit.

Again, very nice to see this one :)

Tim

No I didn't Tim. I know what you mean, it has a bit of a "blurry" look to it. I used HDR wavelet transform in Pixinsight a few times on the final image, but no the individual channels. I might give it a go.Thanks.

Erik

Archived