Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Can I get more???

Yidoboy

A challenge or a learning curve? I'm not sure which one yet but I'm wondering if there's more I can get out of my avi's or if I'm at the limit with what can be achieved without tracking.

I want to know if someone else wanted to have a crack at processing one of my avis's to see if there's more available to me....

I think the avi will be too big to post but if you want to have a crack let me know and I'll email it across to you.

I'd be interested in seeing the results.

I've attached a couple of my latest Jupiter images and will probably send the avi's for these images.

post-10186-0-81239700-1355231070_thumb.j

post-10186-0-22781600-1355231216_thumb.j

Hi Yid if you want to post the .tif file(files) up ill have a look at them ? you use Registax, AS!2 ?

I used PIPP, Registax 6 and GIMP 2. I have the avi files but I don't think I have tif files. Can I convert the avi's or where would I find the tif files???

The avi's are a massive 700mb!

I tried my best & squeezed a bit out of it but to be honest there's not too much data in there, keep trying as things really do get better, you did well to get the data you did, how many frames was the video ? camera ?

Anyway here's your image back :-) i did what i could, by the way you also got 2 of Jupiters moon's.

.Tif File :-

Jupiter YIDOBOY.tif

.jpeg file :-

post-11075-0-01610600-1355350442_thumb.j

Re-run the image through Registax, but after stacking and before going to the wavelets page, save the image at that point. The default file format is TIFF I think. You should be able to post that or stick it somewhere handy.

James

I tried my best & squeezed a bit out of it but to be honest there's not too much data in there, keep trying as things really do get better, you did well to get the data you did, how many frames was the video ? camera ?

Anyway here's your image back :-) i did what i could, by the way you also got 2 of Jupiters moon's.

Jupiter YIDOBOY.tif

Jupiter YIDOBOY.tif

Thanks Ewan and you've managed to pull quite a bit more out of it I think. Do you have a link for AS!2 as I can't seem to find it anywhere?

A lot depends on your initial data i'm afraid, if it's not there in the first place you can't add it as such.

Load the AVI into AS!2, click Analyse, check the Graph for data detail (the centre horizontal line is the 50% mark for quality) above the line & to the left is good data, belolw & right is not so good to bad quality, i normally can use 40 - 60 % but if the data is good i can also use just 25%, select the amount of frames you want stacked or the percentage you want, i have normalise checked but upto you, leave Planet(COG) checked for Juipiter, Gradient checked, Noise Robust leave at default or try higher number, Force Global Quality i leave un-checked, Auto Size check, HQ Refine check, Save in Folders check (it saves in a folder in the same folder as the AVI, TIF check.

As for the Right hand pane i have tried Single Alignment Points & Multi & to be honest i havn't really noticed much difference, AP size i normally use 25-35 then when you press Place AP's in Grid it depends on data brightness as to how many the software will allocate the image to stack & align the data so you may need to raise / lower the Min Brightness buttone then click Stack.

Don't forget Yid if you put bad data in no software can improve it so aim for trying to get better quality avi's if you can.

Did you use Sharpcap to aquire the video ?

A lot depends on your initial data i'm afraid, if it's not there in the first place you can't add it as such.

Load the AVI into AS!2, click Analyse, check the Graph for data detail (the centre horizontal line is the 50% mark for quality) above the line & to the left is good data, belolw & right is not so good to bad quality, i normally can use 40 - 60 % but if the data is good i can also use just 25%, select the amount of frames you want stacked or the percentage you want, i have normalise checked but upto you, leave Planet(COG) checked for Juipiter, Gradient checked, Noise Robust leave at default or try higher number, Force Global Quality i leave un-checked, Auto Size check, HQ Refine check, Save in Folders check (it saves in a folder in the same folder as the AVI, TIF check.

As for the Right hand pane i have tried Single Alignment Points & Multi & to be honest i havn't really noticed much difference, AP size i normally use 25-35 then when you press Place AP's in Grid it depends on data brightness as to how many the software will allocate the image to stack & align the data so you may need to raise / lower the Min Brightness buttone then click Stack.

Don't forget Yid if you put bad data in no software can improve it so aim for trying to get better quality avi's if you can.

Did you use Sharpcap to aquire the video ?

Did you use Sharpcap to aquire the video ?Thanks for all that. I'll give it a shot later. I use Sharpcap as I find it seems to give me a much clearer image than WxAstrocapture. My biggest issue is one of focus I think. Without an auto scope I find it really diffult to get a decent enough focus and maintain throughout the 3 minute avi session.

Archived