NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Just cannot tear my eyes off Jupiter

Moonshane

• 3 years later...
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got in myself shane old son, the GRS stands out like a sore thumb, amazingly bright. I found the sweet magnification for me was x150 with my new vixen lvw 8mm although I was enjoying it through the barlowed Nikon plus eic at 170.

Reason for the latter isI could watch it for long periods as it slowly drifted accross the huge fov. 

However it is a bit soupy is the sky but first decent view of jupiter for me in over a year and really enjoyed it.

1 hour ago, Moonshane said:

The year has changed but the subject matter remains constant! Going back out again even though the seeing is poor. The GRS is clearly obvious even at low power (approx. 90x)

You nearly had me fooled for a minute there Shane. I was thinking 'What's he talking about the GRS's little brother for, I haven't seen that this year!' Then I noticed the thread date ?

It is indeed looking brilliant this year, although no views for me tonight I've had plenty over the last week or so. Great stuff.

Archived