Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Tomorrow before sunrise

Lyrated

Tomorrow before sunrise this little piece of magic is happening, possible view of a crescent moon/ Venus/ mercury /Saturn. I am still very new to this and managed views of Jupiter + 4 moons and working my way through the Moore winter Marathon so far.

My question is what's the best method to view this scope or bino's or using a HD camera?

Here is a link for how it will look HERE

Any help would be much appreciated.

There is 23 degrees separation between Mercury and Saturn so your bino or scope FoV will need to be at least that wide. A HD camera will have a zoom most likely so you can get the right FoV. This morning there was some nice earthshine on the moon so perhaps that will repeat tomorrow if the weather is ok

There is 23 degrees separation between Mercury and Saturn so your bino or scope FoV will need to be at least that wide. A HD camera will have a zoom most likely so you can get the right FoV. This morning there was some nice earthshine on the moon so perhaps that will repeat tomorrow if the weather is ok

Thanks for the advise :) I have to walk for 5 mins for the best view so best i only take the camera

Just been watching the crescent moon and Venus appearing over the horizon. A beautiful sight, It's times like this I wish I had an imaging set up. I also managed to get my first look at Saturn which was smaller and further away from the moon than I thought. Managed to see the shape of the rings with the 25mm and 4X Barlow but not a lot of detail.

All in all, well worth getting up early and going out in minus 5 :smiley:

Just been watching the crescent moon and Venus appearing over the horizon. A beautiful sight, It's times like this I wish I had an imaging set up. I also managed to get my first look at Saturn which was smaller and further away from the moon than I thought. Managed to see the shape of the rings with the 25mm and 4X Barlow but not a lot of detail.

All in all, well worth getting up early and going out in minus 5 :smiley:

Nice one :) I have also been out early and got a great view of the moon and venus, I am just on the way back out see if i can grab more looks lol

I forgot about this after researching it in stellarium. So when I did get up, dawn was already breaking. I did get a view of the crescent moon and venus but Saturn had been drowned out and no sign of Mercury either.

Still it was a good view of the Moon and my first view of Venus, pity my bino's arn't a little more powerful.

Baz

Archived