Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

How to remove these bands?

Celeste

Hi all, i'm just starting out with imaging, not doing too good! But, whilst I have some sort of image to work with I want to learn processing better. I managed this on M42 the other night, but I can't seem to remove the bands.....can someone tell me how please? And yes this is all I can get on my CCD chip (it's small!) I know focus is off, but it looked ok on my small lappy screen at minus stupid degrees in the middle of the night haha. I have used gaussian blur and unsharp mask to remove some of the banding....if I do it too much the image looks worse.

post-9308-0-79952700-1354981257_thumb.jp

Daniel-K, yeah I think they are interlaced, I followed the instruction manual and it recommends using interlace for exposures above 10secs. I used 10x60 and 10x30 for this. I am just learning the ropes, I have no idea what the difference is between settings, only way to learn is to press it and see! lol.

Freddie, what is debayer?? Sorry I haven't heard of that, is it in PS? I used AA3 to capture, DSS to stack and PS to finish.

Debayering is a process (in DSS) that converts the mono image that comes off a colour cam into a colour image. The image you have posted is B/W and I thought your cam was colour. If it is a colour cam then bebayering will bring out the colour. If I'm wrong and it's a mono cam, then ignore me !!!!

Hi Freddie, I found it already thanks. It gives a much different result to AA3 MX colour synthesis. Here is the DSS debayered image tweaked in PS....It's more blurry than before though? I've lost the black....far too much colour but if I try and tone down the colour Iose detail and it looks awful .....I just suck! lol

post-9308-0-02678400-1355003112_thumb.jp

There are different debayering options depending on the bayer filter used on your specific cam. It looks like you may not have the right one selected as obviously it should be pinkish/red. You may want to try a different debayer pattern.

Archived