Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Selling kit as a whole lot?

Shure

Would I stand a better chance of selling my astronomy gear as one whole package or is it normally better to split scope vs eyepieces?

I'm currently trying to sell my 250px Auto on ABS but I have it down as one lot. Aimed at the target audience on ABS and not ebay is it better to split?

Thanks

Chris

Usually it will be better to split it. You eyepieces is very popular and will go in a flash. The GOTO dob should go very quickly too if the price is right.

However, your eyepieces worth a lot of money and not everyone interested in your dob will be interested in your eyepieces and vice versa.

If you sell it as a lot, it will almost certainly go to a trader. You will get less for your kit, but there will be less hassle. If you split up your kit, then there will be more work for yourselves, but you get more in return.

Thanks for all the input guys, I'm definitely going to look at splitting the sale.

I can at least post the individual eyepieces that way and only have to offer collection for the dob itself.

I'm not in a rush to sell so it doesn't matter to me if it takes a while.

Archived