NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Corrector plate cleaning

Hi all,

I was going to have ago and take some photos of Jupiter with my compact digital camera and C6/SCT, but my batteres 'died' within thirty-forty minutes so I gave up. Once I Had taken my scope indoors to dry off I noticed a spec of dust about 0.5mm on the inside of the corrector plate. I remounted the OTA on the mount and gave it few gentlle taps to see if it would come away as air duster failed.

Does anyone have any ideas acout cleaning corrector plates?

I cleaned my SCT corrector inside and out but it was heavily clouded with condensation after spending a couple of wet nights outside under cover.

I wouldn't worry about a little bit of dust , whatever you do, don't shine a torch down the tube and take a look :evil:

.... as air duster failed.

Does anyone have any ideas acout cleaning corrector plates?

As mentioned its best left alone. Also be warned that cans of Air Duster can make matters worse too by moving more dust around and applying some nasty moisture to the lens. Personally i wouldn't use cans of compressed air on my optics either.

Archived