Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter Dec 1st De-rotate comparrison UPDATE.

Space Cowboy

Having looked at the image I'm now thinking that may be due to too high an LD value in Winjupos.

Are you using this Neil?

Pete

True I didn't think about that, this is before going into winjup Pete, before RGB combine. Just the sharpened red on registax LD value might sort out the rgb. I will have to test this. will take some time  I only have the red so far done. Cheers for reminding me. I would have done LD value I always do. But if it sorts the problem. No point stressing. Clean forgot about LD value

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep I always have LD value at 0.5 rather than 1.

Its because I am not used to seeing the limb artefact until RGB combine that threw me. But of course  the de rotate itself has caused it. And on vid de rotate there is no LD value to adjust. So will see what happens when its combine time. Maybe adding a LD adjust to the video section could be a good idea. remove it before its even stacked.Not sure why Grischa didn't do that ?

Hi Neil,

There is the LD value for the image measurement of the stacked video mid section which we use for vid derotate...have you tried a lower figure here? I'm not noticing any limb artifacts prior to RGB combination.

Pete

Hi Neil,

There is the LD value for the image measurement of the stacked video mid section which we use for vid derotate...have you tried a lower figure here? I'm not noticing any limb artifacts prior to RGB combination.

Pete

Not tried that Pete, hmm. Ok, didn't think the mid measurement LD would affect it. it appears it does then.  Stuart uses 05 value. What do you use ? what about the LD angle does either of you touch that ? going to have to do the measurement again

It was the midpoint measurement value affecting it. You  was both right. Cheers Guys for the tips. Its been ages since I tried this, Not even tried it with this camera before its been so long.

I will do this 5x powermate RGB post up at some point. if de rotation can help. it should at these focal lengths and time spans

Works like magic that LD value on image measurement. Drove me nuts when I first used winjup trying to figure out what caused the halo.

Will be interesting to see if you get any benefit Neil at your longer fl.

Cheers Stuart and Pete. I will keep you updated. I have a feeling it will help. we shall see

Not tried that Pete, hmm. Ok, didn't think the mid measurement LD would affect it. it appears it does then. Stuart uses 05 value. What do you use ? what about the LD angle does either of you touch that ? going to have to do the measurement again

By the way, I use a value of 0.6. I don't normally touch the LD angle either.

Pete

Archived