Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Celestron 15x70

Nick82

Just after some advice!!!

What can I expect to see with these?

I had a quick look with them last week at the moon and I was speechless!!!

(I'm brand new to this) I'm getting them for Xmas so I'm wondering what is the best stars to look at and what preferably how far I can see with these!!! (If I enjoy it I'm going to save up and upgrade to a telescope) thanks for your time

I have the same bins... They are quite heavy and its difficult to hold them steady for too long, especially if you are looking at things very high up. If you can't afford a tripod (which I couldn't for a while), sitting on a camping chair (or a slouch chair) will help you!

You can see lots of detail in them... Just the other night, I managed to see Kemble's cascade in all its glory - and that was with a full moon! The Pleiades were one of the first things I looked at with them, and they looked spectacular... Like diamonds in the sky!

You can also see quite a lot of nebulas and bright galaxies!

Hope you have fun with them!

Clear skies!

I spotted at least 48 out of 110 Messier's and a whole load of Caldwell objects first in my old 15x70 Omegon (Celestron clone) binoculars. From a dark site, the views of NGC 7000 were stunning. I now have the Helios Apollo, which are clearly better, but also a lot more expensive

I love my Celestron 15x70. They're fantastic for a quick grab and go look around. I've not got to a dark site yet, but whenever I go I take these with me, just in case I find myself able to catch a glimpse of something.

I've got an 11" SCT, which makes viewing Andromeda difficult from my garden as I'm looking straight through it! With the bino's though, I can see how huge it is, and it's impressive even with light polluted skies.

Now I know you can see NGC7000 from a dark sky I will be getting myself to one! (I have still been unable to view this from home as I'm looking straight through it again :( )

These are perfect for taking on holiday with you too ;)

and they also give great day time views, if you're out in the countryside and want to do a spot of bird watching or just nosey and want to see what's over the valley across from you!

:)

• 3 weeks later...

As mentioned, you can see many Messier items with them - I did when I had a pair.

Some objects are even better viewed through binos than a scope (M33 for instance, in my experience - thanks to it's low surface brightness).

Archived