Another (better!) ASI120MM Jup image..!

Kokatha man also!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just been to check on Wikipedia, which says 480Mbps is the maximum signalling rate, but the effective rate is 280Mbps. I assume the lower figure is supposed to be after all the transmission overheads have been factored in, but that does seem like an enormous drop, implying a very large overhead. I'm struggling to find anything that disagrees very much with the idea of 280Mbps as the realistic maximum data rate though.

James

You are quite correct James, 35 to 40MB/s seem to be realistic throughput rates for USB2. If only 8 bpp were being transferred rather than 12 bpp then the numbers make a bit more sense.

Chris

Utterly, utterly stunning images Darryl. Truly awe inspiring in their sheer detail. An inspiration to us all. Very interesting camera seems like amazing value in comparison to the usual suspects. Brilliant work.

Best regards,

Ralph

Thanks to everyone for your very generous comments! :smiley:

On the discussion going on here re transmission capabilities Vs framerates etc (I'm awake now! :grin: ) remember this is 8bits.....same as the PGR Flea3 in avi mode capture.....Sam has said that 12bit output will be available when compliant with the Ascom driver - this will be enabled shortly I believe...,,atm I think the figures stack up for 8bit transmission but I'll let those more interested in those aspects check my accurcy there..! :grin:

Too tired atm to grin or do much else Stewart - but I did haul the insulating cover off the scope about an hour ago for another attempt tonight - we live in hope! :grin:

Plurry hot in Tennant Creek for a long time now and today we had a power outage all morning which meant our caravan's little airconditioner wasn't working and it becme a hotbox.....had to retreat to the car with the motor running and aircon on finally but the blackout only lasted another 30-45 minutes after that thankfully..! :smiley:

Thanks for the generous comments!

Archived