Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Jupiter 1st December

Stargazer Jack

Hi everybody,

This is a image of Jupiter from around 9:00 tonight. I had been struggling with getting the correct settings but with some help from the forum, I think I had the right settings :D :D. One problem I did have though was the motor woud give missing the teeth and slipping which was annoying but I managed to fix it however I need to have a proper look. Anyway, the settings for the image are:

[Philips SPC 900NC PC Camera]

Frame Divisor=1

Resolution=640x480

Frame Rate (fps)=10.00

Colour Space / Compression=YUY2

Exposure=-8

Brightness=45

Contrast=22

Saturation=-2

Gamma=0

ColorEnable=255

BacklightCompensation=0

Gain=63

I think that is the GRS and a possible storm behind it on the right of the planet which I am very pleased about. Any advice welcome :)

post-11186-0-12427100-1354407019_thumb.j

It should be there now.

I am using the SW Explorer 130M, Philips SPC900NC and a 2x Barlow. The mount is also a EQ2 with a RA Motor. I would set the gain to the highest and then adust the brightness or exposure. It is better to have a dim image than a bright image.

Hope this helps but ask if you need anymore information.

I will answer in the morning :)

I don't think there's too much to complain about there for a first image. Sorting out the tracking will help, I'm sure. If it's possible to find some way to get reasonable polar alignment that will also make a difference. Mostly it's just practice though.

If you download PIPP then you can run your avi file through that before processing it with Registax and it will centre all the images and do a few other useful bits of tidying up for you as well.

James

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

These are my most recent attempts using all the settings you guys have mentioned along with some better avi capturers.

I am looking at buying a new scope and mount but feel like I should keep pushing my current kit before I spend a PPI payment on a scope! :-)

post-26917-0-24444000-1357931039_thumb.j

Archived