NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

An experimental Rosette with a 0.67x reducer and Atik 460

swag72

I cant understand how I missed this post but hey-ho...

Its a wonderful image in its own right and I understand your frustration :(

You have some tilt somewhere? I recon this combo could be a killer,

If it gets better I'll try one on my APM which will save me a small fortune

from buying a Riccardi 0.75 ..

try the 314 to rule out ccd tilt?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers Guy - I reckon I know where the tilt comes from and that's easily fixed. I am in contact with Lee at Greenwitch about what adaptors I can get to try to get the reducer closer to the camera. I have got it as close as I could and the results were better than this, but not perfect. If the adaptors can be found, I can lose another 10mm and that may just be enough.

Another possibility is to put the reducer inbetween the camera and the filter wheel - Not a usual setup, but may work - Perhaps.

My potential issues with all reducer / flatteners I suppose is that the Pentax has a flat field already and doesn't need any form of flattener. It's designed to work with a 6x7 MF camera. Trying to get it to work with a flattener is a little tricky!

Th adaptor that I'm going to try to lose me another 10mm (then I really am down to minimum distance!!) should arrive tomorrow. I look forward to trying it. After that, my next option is to put it between the camera and filter wheel!!! I really do want a reducer to work, and that one you linked to Guy is for refractors, so I would imagine that should work better. The AP reducer really isn't ideal - Fingers crossed for the next installment!!

Well the adaptor arrived and it is no good - As I want to use it I can not get 0mm extra spacing with it. So I am trying to see if I can get a 5mm adaptor made. If I can not get that done in anything other than aluminium (that's what they can make it from in Spain) then I am going to have to go back to the drawing board.

Guy - Do you know what threads are on that Vixen reducer?

Archived