new beginner

hi there star gazers,i am a newbie and im looking forward to learning a lot more on here,i have recently purchased a skywatcher 127 goto and i have not really used it to its full potential only because its been too cloudy since i got it and so i have just been rounding up some more equipment for it,ie lens,webcam.

i bought a logitech c310 webcam,seems a good one,one that i read up on and noticed it was quite easy to set up by taking the lens out and attaching an eyepiece adaptor,i focused my skywatcher at an object in daylight about 20 metres away,got it in view with a 25 super wide lens first then i exchanged it for my webcam and i worked the focus and all i got was a blurry mess,please help thanks.

It should certainly be possible to achieve focus with the webcam, but it might be quite easy to "go through" focus without realising it. It might also be more tricky if you're focusing on something as close as 20 metres away. A distant telegraph pole or chimney might be a better bet.

James

Nice first attempt and with a little more practice I think there are better images to come out of your setup. Like many things in astronomy, the initial learning curve is a bit steep but with patience and practice your knowledge and skills level will increase and the resulting output will be more than noticeable - keep going!! :smiley:

Clear skies

James

Archived