Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Sun video through Coronado PST (first ever attempt)

ChrisRichmond

This is my first ever attempt at taking a video of the sun through my coronado pst.

i put a polarised filter over the end of the scope off my canon eos so as to dim the image slightly and to capture the video I used. Usb camera from my bresser microscope.

I have to say that I am very pleased with the result, much better than I thought it would be.

th_0001.jpg

Excellent start, shows the potential of the system!, you're bound to do even better in due course. It seems that you also captured some flare activity, if it was around 2.30 this afternoon it would be the same as I observed visually. :smiley:

It was at about 12:30 pm this afternoon, lovely clear sky.

the camera is smaller than 1.25" as it is from a microscope setup so I partially removed the rubber eye cup from the standard eye piece on the pst and pushed the camera into the hole so it butted up against the eyepiece it held it in place nicely, the juddering is from the wind catching the scope a bit more sensitive as its mounted on a normal camera tripod so not as steady.

Cheers Chris

Archived