Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

A little help needed

hello all

I have been advised on getting the skywatcher 130p heritage as pefect first scope, this is due to be bought at the end of the month while i get some other bits for astrophotography.

In the meantime i have found a SEBEN telescope with a 150mm lens, can anyone help me out and tell me if its any good ? Also i have found a TRAVELLER telescope 1000mm but i have no idea if its worth going for.

In any case i am buying the sw130p heritage :)

Thanks in advance

In simple terms: Don't do it !

Take your time before you jump into, or get into, astrophotography, it bears little in common with visual astronomy, and it bears less in common with photography.

Astrophotography is often done with a large mount and a small scope.

Thanks for all the advise guys :)

I did't go ahead in the end as i could not find any positve stuff on it. I have been told by my misses that i cannot buy the one i want as "santa suprise me" so i am on the look out for a cheap scope to get me started. I have found this on ebay and wondered if it could be usefull to get some practice with views and pictures etc . EBAY LINK.

I am hoping to get something soon as i am going on my first open night with the local astronomy club where hopefully i get help with set up :)

Theres something wrong with the description of theTraveller telescope. The seller claims it has a focal length of 1000mm , it's actually 700mm , and the primary mirror has a diameter of 76mm. The Traveller won't give you views as good as the Heritage 130.

So is it best i wait and get the SW heritage 130p for typical moon and planet viewing?

What things have you been viewing, I cant wait to get started hehehe

lots of things that i didnt have a clue what they where lol, seriously though nice views of jupiter and its moons, pleiades and andromeda, the double cluster and a few others

• 2 weeks later...

I have done it , i have only gone and bought myself a Heritage 130P :). The only downer is i have to wait until tomorrow to collect it and i have crystal clear skies above my head. I think i paid a good price at £125 from ebay.

Comes nearly brand new as used twice and with a • x10 Eyepiece• Proxima Eye piece x8-x24 adjustable.

If i turn up and it looks and sounds like a bag of bolts then i guess i walk way and by brand new. There was a bit of a bidding war but i won by £1 weeeeeeee. Now just need to work out what i need to get locally so i can take some awesome pictures.

Archived